The lion’s share of Volt Active Data deployments are enterprise-size, comprising a dozen or more nodes, processing over 1 billion transactions a day. But often we hear from start-ups, small-medium companies, or independent ISVs who need Volt Active Data speed, high availability and low latency ACID guarantees, but on a slightly smaller scale. With that in mind, Volt Active Data recently unveiled a new product offering, Volt Active Data Pro. The goal of Volt Active Data Pro is to put Volt Active Data into the hands of application developers who need smaller footprint deployments, while still offering all the power of Enterprise Edition, including full durability and high availability. Further, today Volt Active Data Pro is offered at an introductory price of $6,000 per year.
What, specifically, is Volt Active Data Pro?
- Maximum of a 3 node cluster Volt Active Data Pro limits the cluster size to 3 nodes. With each node capable of processing over 150,000 transactions per second, the processing power of Volt Active Data Pro is capable of supporting numerous application patterns.
- Full Durability Like Volt Active Data Enterprise, your data is safe with Volt Active Data Pro. The Volt Active Data Pro edition is fully durable (full ACID semantics), supporting both snapshot and command logging.
- Highly Available Volt Active Data Pro supports k-safety (redundancy level) of 0 (no redundancy) or k-safety of 1 or 2, allowing for the failure of up to two nodes while still retaining a full copy of data in memory, thus allowing the database to remaining highly available for your applications.
- Importers and Exporters Ingest streams of data from one of the supplied Volt Active Data Importers, from Kafka, Kinesis or a feed of your choosing. Once you have processed the data with Volt Active Data, you can then stream the data to its next destination – HDFS, Hive, JDBC, Kafka, a flat file or a custom target – via our Export connectors.
- Volt Active Data University Training Come up to speed quickly on key Volt Active Data concepts through our online training offering, Volt Active Data University, found here.
- Volt Active Data Vanguard Certification One registration for Volt Active Data Vanguard Certification is included with your purchase of Volt Active Data Pro.
- Email-only Customer Support Yes, support is included for Volt Active Data Pro. Our top-notch support team is ready to assist you with any questions and problems you might encounter. Simply drop us an email at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you within one business day.
What can you build with Pro? The possibilities are endless – I’m sure you could have guessed I’d say that! However, with the processing power of a 3 node Volt Active Data cluster, users get a highly available transactional database capable of processing over 200,000 transactions per second. This is more than enough horsepower for applications powering digital ad tech, mobile and online gaming, Internet of Things (IoT) and many other Fast Data Pipeline and real-time decisioning applications.
Must Read: Data Stream Processing
We also now offer Volt Active Data Pro on AWS. If you’d like to avoid committing to an annual license for Volt Active Data Pro, consider using Pro on AWS. The AWS Volt Active Data Pro offering allows you to use Volt Active Data in your applications and pay on a per-hour usage basis, without a time-based commitment.
If you find your application needs to scale to more than 3 nodes, or requires database replication (DR) or cross-datacenter replication (XDCR), you will want to check out Volt Active Data Enterprise Edition (download a trial here).
If you are just getting started and want to run a small (but powerful) Volt Active Data cluster, consider downloading Volt Active Data Pro or spinning Pro up in Amazon’s cloud. Give it a try and let us know what you think. If you are interested in purchasing Volt Active Data Pro, please drop our sales team a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.