Can Your Business-Critical Applications….
- Maintain “five nines” availability even during upgrades?
- Ensure data resiliency and low latency at the same time, all the time, even with widely distributed users?
- Promise no data loss even during outages?
- Stay up 24/7, 365 days a year and through all peak periods?
- Help you capitalize on new 5G use cases?
- Protect your revenue while generating new revenue streams?
If you answered “No” to any of these questions (be honest), you’re not alone.
Simultaneously maintaining network uptime, data resiliency, and low-latency in the face of 5G’s massive new demands (and opportunities) and an increasingly distributed, cloud- and edge-based computing world is a massive challenge.
That’s Why We Came Out With Active(N) Lossless XDCR…
Active(N) Lossless XDCR Key Features
SCALABILITY TO MORE THAN THREE DATA CENTERS
CONFLICT RESOLUTION AT BOTH APPLICATION AND DATABASE LEVEL
“FIVE-NINES” (IE, 99.999%) AVAILABILITY
Active(N) Solves the Business Problem With…
Time-Based Conflict Resolution
Meaning predictable database-level behavior—your databases never diverge and never stop processing transactions.
Application-Level Conflict Resolution
Meaning we stream all conflicts and their metadata into Kafka in real time so you can redo rejected transactions at the application level if needed.
Three+ Data Centers
Meaning ultra-reliable low latency for customers, wherever they are.
Active(N) uses three (or more) data centers with high-availability clusters and enhanced data observability via Kubernetes to achieve active-active-active XDCR with application-level conflict resolution.
Why Can’t Other Data Platforms Do This?
Other data platform vendors either:
- Don’t do active-active XDCR, meaning you can only change data in one place at once.
- Do active-active XDCR but use conflict-free replicated data types (CRDTs) to merge conflicting transactions, which means it only works for counting and hides business events that you could otherwise be monetizing (if your applications knew about them).
- Do active-active XDCR but use timestamps to silently pick ‘winning’ transactions, which means completed ‘losing’ transactions vanish (also without the application ever knowing), which means completed (and potentially monetizable) business events silently vanish.
None of the above is acceptable to our customers or to any enterprise needing to monetize 5G, which requires sub-10 millisecond in-event contextual decisioning on fast streaming data with zero data loss.
Redefine what’s possible
Download our technical paper, Why Cross Data Center Replication Matters in the Age of 5G, to learn how Volt Active Data’s Active(N) Lossless XDCR changes the game.